Join my next 200-hour yoga teacher training program, beginning September 2019! Guiding this program has been my absolute joy over the last 14 years. Whether you wish to go deeper in your practice or wish to teach yoga, this program is guaranteed to support you in connecting more intimately to your yoga journey and in achieving your goals. With close to 1000 graduates to date, I have had the opportunity to watch and aid the personal and professional development of dedicated practitioners in a safe and supportive environment, and many graduates are teaching around the world. Explore what it means to incorporate yoga and mindfulness into your life over a lifetime, connect with other like-minded yogis, laugh, learn, and have fun doing it. Hear testimonials from past grads: Testimonials!
For more information on what you’ll learn please visit the overview page. Click here.
The Yoga Room Dunedin
2250 Main Street (State Road 580), Unit 1
Clearwater, FL 33763
Dates and Times:
Friday 6-9pm, Sat 9:00am-5:00pm, Sun 7:30am-4pm
1. Sep 6-8
2. Sep 20-21
4. Nov 1-3
5. Dec 6-8
6. Jan 10-12, 2020
7. Jan 31-Feb 2, 2020
8. Mar 6-8, 2020
Topics of study include:
- History Yoga -Dive into fascinating discussions of the the vast history, source and purpose for the practice, and the founding fathers and texts of the practice.
- Intensive Asana Study – Review alignment and appropriate modifications and variations for the poses of the primary series of Ashtanga and understand how this foundation lays the groundwork for all power and vinyasa styles of yoga.
- Anatomy and Physiology – This is a foundational level for anyone teaching yoga, an overview of the systems of the body and how yoga affects these systems.
- Principles of Pranayama -Understand how to breathe properly in asana utilizing the bandhas and how and when to guide these techniques with students.
- Meditation -Build a foundation through discussion and meditation practice every time we meet.
- Teaching Beginners – Practice breaking down alignment and develop effective communications to deliver clear and important guidelines to students.
- Bhakti Yoga (Chanting) – Experience the calming, centering and clearing effect of traditional Sanskrit chanting in a group each time we meet, learn correct pronunciation and meaning, and incorporate your favorites into your own practice.
- Adjustments – Receive hands-on guidance and practice with aiding students with alignment through the use of gentle touch.
- Sanskrit names of Asanas – Learn the appropriate pronunciation and meaning of names of poses.
- Yoga Sutras – Read, discuss and chant the Sutras and learn to incorporate them into your daily life.
- Subtle Body and Chakras – Explore the ancient map detailing exactly where body meets mind and how yoga affects and balances the energetic body.
- Business of Yoga and Ethics – Graduate with a plan on how and where to get started as a teacher.
Tuition and Application:
Deposit to apply and hold your space: $500
Regular tuition is $3250 plus books (balance after deposit due by first day of class)
Early bird discount: Pay In Full before July 1st, 2019 and save $200, total $3050.
Payment Plan: $3600, pay the $500 deposit, then $443 over the first seven sessions (no payment due the last session). A credit card is required for auto-debit.
Ready to apply? Please complete the application here and hit “apply”, but do not make payment until you have received notice that you have been accepted into the program.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Ally@allyford.com