1. Ashtanga Opening Mantra
2. Vakratunda Mahakaya (Ganesha Chant)
3. Asato Ma Sadgamaya (For Clarity)
4. Sahana Vavatu (Teaching Mantra)
5. Sam No Mitra (For the Removal of Obstacles)
6. Purnamada Purnamidam (Connect with the Infinite)
7. Mani Bhratphana (Higher Consciousness)
8. Lokah Samasta (May all beings be happy)
9. Guru Brahma (Removal of Ignorance)
10. Ashtanga Closing Mantra (Mantra for Peace)
by Ally Ford
In this story, Garuda an eagle who would normally eat other animals decides to practice ahimsa and treat others with love. He goes on a journey to find friendship and ends up finding joy, love, and laughter and sharing some important messages with his new found friends. The entire story can be acted out in a yoga class for children and photos of the poses accompany the book, so it makes a perfect gift for yoga lovers or teachers of children’s yoga.
I hope this book inspires wonderful conversation amongst children and their parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, and care-givers, and I hope you enjoy it as much as my family has. Hear what readers are saying!