“Yoga is 99 percent practice and 1 percent theory.” ~Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
The benefits of yoga can only be experienced through practice. If you are passionate about yoga, Ally´s teacher training programs offer an opportunity for you to immerse yourself and gain a deeper understanding of yoga through all aspects of the practice. Through personal experience you´ll learn how to apply yoga in today´s world, make a commitment to daily practice, over a lifetime… and open your heart to life´s infinite possibilities. Whether your goal is to teach or simply to learn more, the program offers a deeply transformational experience.
“I teach to find out what I know, and to find out what I don´t know.” ~Krishnamurthi
Ally Ford´s 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training program is the premier vinyasa and Ashtanga-based teacher training program in the Tampa Bay area. If teaching is your goal, you´ll receive the knowledge and tools you´ll need to lead a safe yoga practice for others, and do so effectively and confidently. You will also earn your 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher´s certification with the Yoga Alliance©.
The program is built on three main areas of focus: daily practice to foster one´s own understanding; the vast and captivating history and philosophy of yoga; and the theory and methodology of effective yoga teaching. It is rich, thorough and proven, as demonstrated by the number of Ally’s graduates maintaining a daily practice and by those teaching around the world.
Topics of study include:
- History Yoga -Dive into fascinating discussions of the the vast history, source and purpose for the practice, and the founding fathers and texts of the practice.
- Intensive Asana Study - Review alignment and appropriate modifications and variations for the poses of the primary series of Ashtanga and understand how this foundation lays the groundwork for all power and vinyasa styles of yoga.
- Anatomy and Physiology - This is a foundational level for anyone teaching yoga, an overview of the systems of the body and how yoga affects these systems.
- Principles of Pranayama -Understand how to breathe properly in asana utilizing the bandhas and how and when to guide these techniques with students.
- Meditation -Build a foundation through discussion and meditation practice every time we meet.
- Teaching Beginners - Practice breaking down alignment and develop effective communications to deliver clear and important guidelines to students.
- Bhakti Yoga (Chanting) - Experience the calming, centering and clearing effect of traditional Sanskrit chanting in a group each time we meet, learn correct pronunciation and meaning, and incorporate your favorites into your own practice.
- Adjustments - Receive hands-on guidance and practice with aiding students with alignment through the use of gentle touch.
- Sanskrit names of Asanas - Learn the appropriate pronunciation and meaning of names of poses.
- Yoga Sutras - Read, discuss and chant the Sutras and learn to incorporate them into your daily life.
- Subtle Body and Chakras – Explore the ancient map detailing exactly where body meets mind and how yoga affects and balances the energetic body.
- Business of Yoga and Ethics - Graduate with a plan on how and where to get started as a teacher.
Our program is open to students with at least one year of active yoga practice. No prior teaching experience is required. Ally Ford is accredited by the Yoga Alliance® to offer teacher training courses. Yoga Alliance® registers both individual yoga teachers and yoga teacher training programs (schools) who have complied with the minimum educational standards established by the organization.
“Thanks to the wonderful training with Ally I am recognized for my teaching ability and am getting many opportunities to teach.” ~Chandra Holmes