How to Apply
- Step one: choose the program you´d like to attend.
- Step two: Complete the Online Application (below) for review.
- Step three: Pay your $500 non-refundable deposit and/or tuition in full. You’ll find a payment link at the bottom of this page.
- Step four: Follow the instructions in the confirmation email you will receive with session information.
Tuition and Refund Policy
A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due to register and tuition balance must be paid in full two weeks prior to the first day of class. There are no refunds after the program begins, no exceptions. All programs accept a maximum of twenty students to ensure ample hands-on assistance. Additional applicants will be placed on a waiting list. If a program is canceled for any reason all money will be refunded.
How to Prepare
Our programs are open to students with at least one year of active yoga practice. While this training is not an Ashtanga yoga training, it is based on the Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga practice in the tradition of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. You will practice both traditional Ashtanga yoga as well as vinyasa flow yoga based on Ashtanga so it is helpful to have a working knowledge of this system. We’ll guide you step-by-step, one pose at a time, and teach you the proper modifications for your specific body throughout the training. If you choose the month-long intensive, you will practice asana six days per week, so consider this in preparing and begin a daily practice now. If a day arises when you do not have time for a full asana practice, take at least ten flowing sun salutations daily.
Our programs are rich and we’ll cover much information throughout the course. We ask that you arrive with an open mind, do the work, and trust that through practice you’ll get what you need. Please review the web sites listed below. If you have yet to read books on yoga the two listed below are a nice place to begin, though they are not required for the training:
- Visit and review www.kpjayi.org
- Visit and review www.ashtanga.com
- Review and get familiar with the Chants and Podcasts and the Sun Salutations “How to” video on my Resources page
- Order the 4 required texts for the program listed here
- Not required but helpful reading: The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar and Ashtanga Yoga: Practice and Philosophy by Gregor Maehle
“This program definitely exceeded my expectations. I love that you incorporate different aspects of yoga and bring in guest speakers. I feel that I have gained so much information that has set me on a quest for more learning.” ~ Jenny Lowenstein
Please note, this program has minimum standards set by the Yoga Alliance, the national body of registered yoga teachers and schools, that you must meet in order to graduate and receive your RYT (Registered Yoga teacher Certification). You will be required to complete a number of reading and written assignments, periodical quizzes, and final exams. Make the commitment now to keep up with these projects, and you are guranteed to graduate with success.
Once you have submitted this application and paid either your non-refundable $500 deposit or full tuition, we will be in touch as the start date nears with more detailed schedule information You will also receive any included texts and a complete course manual on the first day of class.
Note: Click “apply” to send the application prior to making payment.
Tuition for 2016: $2950